Monday, January 31, 2011

social media..


From friendster to facebook. Almost everyone I know used to have friendster, when it was still the most visited website for social networking. Nowadays, numerous people have deactivate their friendster. WHY?? Frankly speaking I have no idea why they do. I deactivate my friendster account too. My reason is simply because lots of people have moved to facebook. The most visited website nowadays! Security issues are never really my reason why I moved from friendster to facebook. Since facebook does not provide a great security either. I believe that most of the people who are friends with technology do have facebook account. It may be as active as breathing, it may be on the other extreme too.
After talking about facebook, friendster for quite a while, both of these websites are examples of social media websites with the use of web 2.0. What is social media?? Let’s see what we can learn about social media in less than 2 minutes.
Some people believe that social media is such a bad habit, because it has a bad privacy for anyone who uses it and it also gives addicted for it. Believe it or not, I would say that every party has its own power to control it. Each individual who uses technology needs to realize that they are the one who should know best what should they share and what is not. Each websites will try their best to give different features that can attract potential users, but as individuals we are the ones who know what we need and which websites to choose to satisfy our needs.

Social media has been such a great deal for most of the people nowadays, but I believe that someday we will have something even greater that technology will offer us. What will it be? I don't know. But for now I am a PRO social media fans because it has given me more benefits than what it can cost me. 

As users of social media, remember we need to be SMART to know which websites we should choose that can satisfy our needs AND we need to be SMART to know what we can share around and what we cannot. Have fun and enjoy the technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment